Attention Sophomores & Juniors in High School!
How about a free trip to Washington D.C.?
June 17 – 24, 2022
We’re proud to offer high school sophomores and juniors the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime to Washington D.C. Students will spend a week during the summer meeting new people while visiting historically significant national sites, touring some of our most moving memorials, and browsing the campus of our nation’s capital.
During their time in D.C., the students will see the major monuments and memorials of D.C., ride a river boat down the Potomac, and visit the Supreme Court. And those are just a few of the things they’ll encounter on their journey.
How the program works:
Up to six applicants will be chosen as finalists and will be invited to attend Youth Day to Springfield. Following Youth Day, four of the finalists will be chosen to represent Eastern Illini on the Youth to Washington trip. We'll also ask the finalists to join us at at least one of our annual meeting dates.
2022 Trip Dates
EIEC Annual Meeting: June 2, 7 and 9, 2022
Youth to Washington trip: June 17 – 24, 2022
Youth to Washington Program Official Rules:
- Applicants must be sons or daughters of an Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative member currently receiving electric service from the cooperative.
- Applicants must be a high school sophomore or junior.
- Up to six applicants will be selected as finalists and will attend Youth Day to Springfield.
- Following Youth Day, four of the finalists will be chosen to represent Eastern Illini on the Youth to Washington trip.
- The application deadline is February 18.
- Immediate family members of employees and directors of Eastern Illini are not eligible.
- For more information, please contact Melinda Garrelts at email@example.com or 217-379-0446.